Where is your pain?
A very short guide to self-diagnosis!
- Sharp pain - Indicates inflammation. This can occur with tendons, bursas or indeed the joint itself
- Ache - Often originates from muscular problems, tightness or overuse
- Restriction - Can occur when the joint itself is involved as with osteoarthritis or can be restricted by pain from muscle and tendon problems
- Weakness - May be associated with pain or can be directly caused through nerve involvement
- Numbness and Tingling - Indicates nerve involvement. When the hand is involved, the nerves can be irritated anywhere from the neck to the wrist or hand itself
Did you know?
An 11.7-minute trip to the GP costs the NHS at least £45; a visit to A & E £80.55, prescriptions cost an average of £41.35 and an outpatient appointment an average of £108 according to government data. By comparison, our fee for the first consultation including treatment is £52 (60 mins) which compares to the fee of going to the dentist for a private first consultation £53 with no treatment included! Not bad really!