Pregnancy & Children
Being born is single hardest things we experience in our live. We are in the lucky position of treating many pregnant women, babies and children at Back to Health. We firmly believe that chiropractic check ups are an important part of a healthy pregnancy. Every body is different and every pregnancy has specific musculoskeletal needs. The most common pregnancy related condition we treat is lower back pain and pelvic pain.
What causes back pain in pregnancy?
As the baby grows the mother’s body adapts to accommodate it. The role of the chiropractor is to make sure that the body is able to perform at it’s best to cope with pregnancy. A woman’s body changes during pregnancy - those changes include softening of ligaments, changes to posture and weight increase. That can lead to additional pressures on joints in various parts of the body, including spine or pelvis.
Chiropractic care in pregnancy is a safe and gentle way to promote comfort and minimise back pain during your pregnancy. Chiropractic may help relieve the stresses and strains on your body during pregnancy and after birth. Pregnancy can cause general aches and pains including joint and back pain. Chiropractic could help.
Chiropractic techniques on babies
Babies skeletons are softer than adults. Chiropractors will therefore use gentler techniques when treating babies.
- Chiropractic is a gentle treatment suitable for children and babies
- Gentle manipulation could help soothe and relax your baby
- Chiropractic techniques are suitable for children at all stages of development; we will assess your child to see what might help
- We are proficient in gentle techniques suitable for babies
- Techniques used on babies and children are delicate, careful and always tailored for the individual. The treatment for babies and young children is modified using a slight pressure (sustained release) most commonly rather than the manipulative technique used on adults
Ashley has completed CPD training in Pregancy, Neonatal Seminars and Toddlers to Teens.
Did you know?
The Back to Health chiropractic team have over 60 years of experience between them. That’s a lot of bad backs they’ve helped to get better!