Are you suffering from any of the following symptoms which are often linked to neck pain?
- Pain in the arm, top of the shoulder or neck? Often "referred" pain from the neck or can be muscular
- Numbness/Tingling/Pins and Needles in the arm, shoulder or neck?
- Headaches - very frequently originate from the neck, even migraines
- Weakness/arm heaviness - can indicate nerve involvement
- Nausea/visual blurring
Neck pain is the second most common condition treated at Back to Health
The neck is known as the cervical spine and is comprised of 7 vertebrae joined together with discs allowing movement in all directions. The neck is the most mobile area of the spine and this combined with the volume of nerves in the area makes it a very complex and sensitive region. Neck problems can elicit many more symptoms other than pain and restriction, including dizziness, visual blurring, headaches, nausea, arm pain and more.
Your clinician will take a detailed history then perform a thorough examination to determine which structures in the neck are involved and how they are causing your symptoms.
A very short guide to self-diagnosis!
- Sharp pain - Indicates inflammation. This can occur with tendons, bursas or indeed the joint itself
- Ache - Often originates from muscular problems, tightness or overuse
- Restriction - Can occur when the joint itself is involved as with osteoarthritis or can be restricted by pain from muscle and tendon problems
- Weakness - May be associated with pain or can be directly caused through nerve involvement
- Numbness and Tingling - Indicates nerve involvement. When the hand is involved, the nerves can be irritated anywhere from the neck to the wrist or hand itself
Conditions most commonly & successfully treated
- Whiplash - the common name given to injuries to the neck sustained in a road traffic accident. Involves strains and sprains of the soft tissues of the neck and the joints
- Facet Dysfunction - Where the joints of the neck cause problems including pain and restriction
- Torticollis - Also known as wry neck. Hallmarked by the neck being locked in a twisted position, accompanied by marked pain
- Cervical Disc - Marked arm pain with numbness and tingling, radiating from the neck
- Nerve Root Irritation - Inflammation or compression may affect the nerves as they exit the spine resulting in arm pain, numbness and pins and needles
- Brachial Plexus Irritation - Stretch or compression of the nerves that bunch together after exiting the neck. Symptoms are widespread and varied involving the whole arm
- T4 Syndrome - Dysfunction of the joints between the shoulder blades causing tingling and numbness in the hands
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - Compression of the blood vessels and bundle of nerves at the area where the neck and shoulders meet
Friendly, courteous staff, knowledgeable practitioner (Peter). It seems as if I’m heading in the right direction and starting to feel relief after many years of being in pain with my neck
Mold patient 332
Very impressed. I can definitely recommend Back to Health. Ease of movement greatly improved and more comfortable sitting and walking. My posture is improving too. Pain is much better
Wrexham patient 6759
Did you know?
Our patient surveys demonstrate that 95% of our chiropractic patients show an improvement in their symptoms over a period of 4 weeks. Patients who receive chiropractic care from us show a 70% improvement in symptoms within 4 weeks of starting treatment